2010年8月19日 星期四

Hexagons First Attempt

I am so tired from sewing hexies which I've started 3 days ago.
Now that the top is finished and I'm tired of any more stitches, it's perfect time to show them up here.

There aren't many of them, about 60. I used paper piecing and had much fun through the process. I especially loved the crispy feeling as I sewed through the paper and fabric. But later it took me much time to rip off the threads on the front. It's part of the reasons I'm so tired now. (Yawn~~) Here is a new and detailed tutorial on hexie paper piecing from Sew Many Ways.

It's quite scrappy because I managed to use up remnants from quilt kits I bought last year, and I did use them up! Most of the fabrics came from Japan. Somehow we idolize Japanese quilting in Taiwan. From the photo, you can instantly detect the cultural difference: Japanese fabrics are darker in tone, and so are the finished projects.

I'll quilt them tomorrow. It's not a quilt apparently.
I'll leave you wondering for some time before I finish the whole thing. ^^

6 則留言:

  1. Hello! Love your fabric selection for the hexies. I thought they looked like Japanese fabric:) It's great to meet another quilter from Taiwan who's also a member of Quilterblogs.com .

    Can't wait to see your finished project!

    回覆刪除
  2. I've wanted to try English paper piecing and it seems it's a popular way to make hexagons. Is it easy to learn how to do?

    回覆刪除
  3. Hi Shelly, thanks for stopping by my blog, Do you think English paper piecing is the best way to make hexagons? I'm going to try the method on Sew Many Ways, wish me luck!

    回覆刪除
  4. Very cute. I like the fabric you are useing on them.

    回覆刪除
  5. I used to be recommended this website by my cousin.
    I am no longer positive whether this submit is written by him as no one else realize such specific about my
    trouble. You are amazing! Thank you!

    My homepage; cash advance montel williams

    回覆刪除
  6. Article writing is also a excitement, if you
    be familiar with afterward you can write or else
    it is difficult to write.

    my site :: breast enhancement without surgery

    回覆刪除