2010年8月24日 星期二

3D white flower bag

A few weddings of my cousins are around the corner.
I made this bag for Mom to make her the most graceful aunt at the banquets. I call it 3D because I used four layers of white fabric and interfacing for petal applique to override the black tone underneath. The petals were thick enough to stand out before I quilted around them.

Pictures at different angles:
Did you get it right? My hexagons are used for the side of this bag.
The bottom. It's pretty wide and will hold a good many items.

Two pockets inside the bag. One is zippered. (By the way, I'm thinking about posting a zipper pocket tutorial on here.)

It took me eight whole days to finish it. My sister-in-law said whenever she sees my work, she rejoices. Guess what? Me too!

3 則留言:

  1. Your Mom is so lucky! This particular bag design is a classic among quilted bags.

    回覆刪除
  2. Nicely done! Thank you for sharing!

    回覆刪除
  3. Great job! Yes please post a zipper tutorial, I've never put one in and am scared to even try lol.

    回覆刪除