2009年12月8日 星期二

planning to make a second quilt

Ever since I finished my first quilt, I was so overwhelmed by the time and effort I devoted into it and could hardly get myself into a second one.

After that I made smaller projects, such as bags and ornaments. Something that doesn't take more than a couple of days to finish, to get myself the instant gratification.
Now, I've made up my mind to start making a pinwheel quilt, for my boyfriend.
I actually had it in my mind for a long time. This is a first sketch:



Unlike my first quilt, this time I am getting into blocks.
Since it's for my boyfriend, I want to achieve a masculine look,
so I shopped for some fabrics of "men's color" which I seldom use:


Hmmm...pretty masculine already.
Have no idea when this quilt will be finished.
But it won't take too long...quilting is addictive.

I like to draw any crafting ideas on my sketch book.
Most of them are eventually made. It's fun to see how one project started somewhere in my life, was drawn out, and was made for some good reason.

3 則留言:

  1. Your plans for your 2nd quilt sound delightful. But, do remember to pull all the pins out before you give it to him. LOL. When I was young and made a quilt for my boyfriend I forgot and left some pins in it. We broke up about the time I gave it to him, but remained friends. He later shared that a new girlfriend rolled over on it and got pricked with the pins. {it really wasn't planned on my part}.

    Can't wait to see your next quilt.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    回覆刪除
  2. Thanks for reminding! I see you very often around the blogsphere. I don't use pins to pin a quilt, though. I use basting thread. It's one of the painful processes in quilt making, especially if the quilt is large.

    回覆刪除
  3. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Quilting is so much fun! Enjoy it all!
    Micki

    回覆刪除