2010年11月25日 星期四

Puzzle quilt

Yesterday I finished the second quilt in the year.

Like the name of this quilt, I was quite puzzled after finishing it because I planned to have six rows but I ended up with only five. I still couldn't figure out where the last row went.



I had so much fun shopping for fabric and trying to get the best look.  It is going to a baby girl of my friend, to thank him for the helps he had given me before. I even attached a label to the back.


Though hand stitching creates a unique look, I am not really into it that much.








If you hold the quilt against the light, you get this amazing effect:
















Finally, to show you a complete look of the quilt.
























7 則留言:

  1. Shelly, It is such a pretty quilt! Ros

    回覆刪除
  2. Perfect! The baby will love the primary colors you chose for this quilt! :)

    回覆刪除
  3. Very cute! This would also be a great quilt for someone who has been effected by Autism.

    回覆刪除
  4. What a pretty quilt! I love the effect when it's held up to the light too. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my family tree pillows - I'd love to see yours if you try one!

    回覆刪除
  5. What a darling quilt! I have fabric, blocks, and patterns disappear all the time. It is indeed, a puzzle! The perfect name!

    回覆刪除
  6. I love the quilt Shelly...I never saw a puzzle quilt and it seemed to live up to its name.
    Micki

    回覆刪除